- Sigma Consulting Group, Inc. recently assisted Escambia County with the planning, design, permitting and construction associated with the utilization of a new innovative closure technology, ClosureTurf, that was developed by WatershedGeo. The ClosureTurf system was utilized to close and remediate an existing construction and demolition debris facility that had been abandoned by its owner. The closure design is the first one of its kind in the State of Florida and it was also awarded the SWANA Silver Award for Landfill Remediation. . (CLICK HERE for the article)
- Recently Jason Crain and Holly Morgan, along with Jennifer Baldwin of CH2M Hill, coauthored an article for the UIM Magazine on a rehabilitation tool they developed for use on the SSO Program in East Baton Rouge. The article “A Simplistic Approach To Predicting Rainfall-Dependent Infiltration & Inflow Removal” helps optimize the rehabilitation efforts . (CLICK HERE for the article)The entire 2014 Water Project Showcase supplement can be downloaded directly from the UIM Website
- Sigma Consulting Group, Inc. was recently named as one of the top 3 of the 2014 Best Places to work in Baton Rouge. The awards program is presented by the Greater Baton Rouge Business Report and sponsored by the Greater Baton Rouge Society of Human Resources Management and the Louisiana WorkForce Commission. This survey and awards program was designed to identify, recognize and honor the best places of employment in Baton Rouge, benefiting its economy, its workforce and businesses. (CLICK HERE for the article)
- We are pleased to announce that Michael Somme has joined Sigma Consulting Group as a Project Manager/Business Development Coordinator in our Baton Rouge Office. Michael has a uniquely diverse engineering and business background with experience in program management, federal programs and regulations, grants management and contract administration. Most recently, Michael worked as a program manager for the Louisiana Coastal Impact Assistance Program.
- Miles Williams has been recognized by the Baton Rouge Section of ASCE with the Outstanding Civil Engineer Award.
- Sigma promotes “IPEC” – a more integrated planning-engineering-construction approach to projects. (For more information)
- Sigma Consulting Group is recognized as a 2012 Honoree to the LSU 100: Fastest Growing Tiger Businesses. (For more information)
- Miles Williams has been recognized for his distinguished service to the engineering profession with the Louisiana Engineering Society Leo M. Odom Award.
- Geoff Wilson has been recognized by the Louisiana Engineering Society with the F. Hugh Coughlin Award of Merit for Young Engineers.
- The Forever LSU Campaign and the LSU College of Engineering announces a pledge from Sigma Consulting Group, Inc. to establish the Mike Dooley, P.E., Professorship in Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE).
Sigma Consulting Group supports our communities through active participation in United Way, recycling programs, local blood drives, and the Providence Corporate Cup.
Interaction with Our Flagship University
Our support of young engineering students not only helps to improve the caliber of our future engineers; but also gives us the enormous satisfaction of knowing we can have a positive influence in such an important arena. We are happy to contribute to the growth and success of the student run extra-curricular groups through financial support and by offering personal time to lecture at American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) meetings and co-sponsoring the annual Louisiana Engineering Society (LES) Jambalaya Dinner.
Open communication with the administration, faculty, and student groups of Louisiana State University (LSU) is a valued aspect of our business. The sharing of news and ideas help keep us abreast of changes and trends in the academic community, which affect the future graduates and our own continuing education needs. This also allows direct interaction with the students and professors. Our senior staff enjoys guest lecturing and filling temporary instructor positions in the College of Civil Engineering at LSU. Greg Sepeda, P.E. sits on the Civil Program Advisory Committee which advises on the curriculum for the Civil Engineering Department. Miles Williams, P.E. currently serves as an adjunct professor teaching a senior project class.
Several of our employees at SIGMA have served as board members for the Louisiana Engineering Society and American Society of Civil Engineers. Miles Williams, Greg Sepeda, Robbie Lear, and Geoff Wilson are all past presidents of the LES Baton Rouge Chapter. Mike Dooley, P.E. has served as the public relations director for the ASCE Baton Rouge Branch. Further, Greg Sepeda (1999), Robbie Lear (2008), and Geoff Wilson (2012) have all been recognized by the Louisiana Engineering Society with the F. Hugh Coughlin Award of Merit for Young Engineers.
We support the public involvement efforts of these organizations, including MathCOUNTS, Future Cities, and the William A. Wintz Scholarship Program.